In order to receive disability services, we require documentation of your disability that reflects your current condition.
Once you're admitted into D'Youville you should contact the Disability Services Office to review your needs. You'll also need to meet with Disability Services Office at the beginning of each semester to determine what accommodations are necessary.
Required Information on Documentation
- The presence of a disability that substantially impairs the ability of the student to perform a major life activity necessary for the academic program.
- Recent and sufficient to document the current status of the impairment and its impact on the student's ability to perform major life activities necessary for the academic program.
- A diagnosis, test scores and a description of the assessment procedures used.
- The credentials of the evaluator indicating that the person is appropriately licensed or certified to make the diagnostic statement for the disability.
- Recommendations for accommodations and academic adjustments that may be appropriate to permit the student to have access to the programs and services of the college.
Send Your Documentation to:Office of Disability Services
320 Porter Avenue, KAB 415
Buffalo, NY 14201
Frequently Asked Questions
We have answers to common questions you may have about disability services or the accommodations process.Get Answers